Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Framed London Knights Jersey for The Boys & Girls Club!!

Now is was an amazing opportunity!! I'm thankful to a long time friend of my father in law for this. Jim Nother, owner of NOTHERS is the president of the Norwest Optimistic Club of London. He had this jersey given to him and wasn't sure what to do with it. My father in law told him to pass it on to me and I would take care of it :).























He decided he wanted to frame it and donate it to The Boys and Girls Club of London. He told me it would be presented at a business dinner, my name would be on a plaque, and it would be on display at the club!! Well didn't I feel the pressure :) So, I ended up receiving the frame damaged...and thankfully I have a mother who's good at fixing EVERYTHING, I thought what would my mom do? I headed over to the fabric store, recovered the back, stained and restapled the frame and it came out good as new!! PHEW

The dinner was great, I was pretty nervous, being my first of this sort. My business cards weren't quite ready yet, so 1/2 hour before I'm about to leave I'm talking to my Aunty V, and she freaks that I don't have cards ready, so there i was making dinner, laptop at my side, cables everywhere and printing up cards. Thanks Amto :). Here are some pictures of that night, Jim, thanx again for the wonderful opportunity!!




1 comment:

viv said...

I was waiting to see some of your new work(a little obsessed)but being your #1 fan I am glad to see you have posted something. It is so nice to see that your work is being shown out there and to donate your time Saleme I believe it will come back 10 times over. You look absolutely beautiful and guess what every time I am in a crunch I also wonder what your mom would do. By the way I know I can be pushy at times(LOL) but I love you and only want the best for you. Love always, Auntie V